It’s only appropriate that Z13 get his own appreciation post. I am just bursting at the seams since I first witnessed the second son’s adorableness yesterday morning.
- Dad is Tapit. I freakin love Tapit and baby Tapits. They collect G1s like Pokemon cards.
- Mom is Zenyatta, one of my undisputed all-time favorite mares. Much of my horse racing love is because of her.
- The ears. The Vertigineux ears!
- I really wanted to see a gray/roan baby, even though chestnut has always been my favorite pony color. It’s like the racing gods knew this and made the baby chestnutish just for me (there aren’t any chestnut relatives in Z13’s pedigree until you reach his great-grandparents: Gana Facil on Zenyatta’s side and Secretariat on Tapit’s side. DAAAAH! Also I say chestnutish because from the nose it looks like Z13 could be getting some early gray hairs once he sheds out…
- The blaze! It’s like the racing gods knew I heart blazes. Reminds me a bit of Tapizar’s blaze too, and I loved him a lot.
- He’s a porker. 145 lbs of baby.
- He’s a second-born like ME! THE VERY BEST ARE BORN SECOND!
- Tuesday was a crapshoot for me. Z13 saved the day!
Now all I have to hope for is that in 2 years, he won’t be given a stupid name.